Monday, January 26, 2009

Bible Time

Today I started Job. I should of read this morning but I had a lot of stuff to do so I put it on my to-do list and read while I had lunch. The first three chapters fly by but it looks like the next chapters will be a little harder to read.

Job Chapter 1: Job is a God-fearing man who is very wealthy and Satan hates him. God allows Satan to take everything from Job except to harm Job. Satan kills all of the livestock and Job's children. Job does not jeopardize his integrity by blaming God.
Job Chapter 2: Satan is allowed to make Job sick but not kill him and puts sores all over his body. Job doesn't curse God.
Job Chapter 3: Three of Job's friends come to be with him while he is sick- they sit without speaking for 7 days and 7 nights. Then Job speaks and curses the day he was born saying that he should of died.

**I know that had this been me- I am not sure I could of went without cursing God as bad as that would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment