Monday, January 12, 2009

Bible Time

Today I read 2 Samuel 13 & 14. Last night I was reading Little Beast his bedtime bible story and it was about Absalom the King David's Son and how he killed his brother Amnon because Amnon raped his sister Tamar. I realized that I had never read or even heard about this story so this morning I wanted to read it to see exactly what had happened- because the Bible Story book does not always go in depth about all the stories- sometimes just glosses over it.
Tomorrow I plan to continue on with chapter 15, King David is supposed to flee his kingdom pretty soon- So I definitely want to know what happens.
You know when you find a good story in the Bible it is hard to put it down. I will admit that reading the lineage or the laws I find pretty boring- but something like this, although it was real life it reminds me of something like a soap opera {which I thoroughly enjoy.}

P.S. My menu plan is coming- slowly but surely wins the race. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment