Thursday, January 15, 2009

Bible Time

Today I read 2 Samuel 18 & part of 19.

David's troops and Absalom's troops went out to meet- it is said that the forest took more men than the sword did that day. However, Absalom was riding his mule and he basically got hung up in a tree then Joab, David's Commander drove 3 javelins through his heart even though he was told not to harm him. David mourned for his son as any father would.

I want to ask anyone reading this a very very very important question...

If you were to meet Jesus today- would he turn you away? Would he say that he never knew you? Do you know if you would go to heaven or hell? Does Jesus live in your heart? Ok- So if you are saved are you truly following Jesus, does he permeate every area of your life? Are you living for Jesus? Can others tell? Is your light shining brightly? Or is it under a bushel? The end of times is very near- I know where I am going do you?

****Disclaimer: Although I know that I am saved I wrote those questions to challenge us all, including myself because I need a daily reminder to follow Jesus and not myself.

I hope everyone has a good day and I hope that you come to know Jesus if you do not already.

No comments:

Post a Comment