Friday, February 20, 2009

Daily Shopping Totals

Well I just wanted to clue everyone in... It is Friday February 20, 2009 and we still have $174.00 in our $300.00/month Grocery Budget. I have not been buying stuff without reporting or using other money instead of this money. Just somehow I have not needed to go to the grocery store for anything. I do however have about 4-5 things on my running grocery list {including a new stool for our dining table} So that will probably cost $50.00 or less.

And I have developed a grocery plan... I am going to try to buy 2 Angel Food Regular Boxes at $30.00 each= $60.00 plus one pick 5 for $19.99 {this is our grocery store special where you pick any 5 things for $19.99; it saves money b/c most of the time the items are regularly priced at $5+ } or I will purchase $20.00 in meat on sale if I can get more for the price- which ever is a good deal. And because we have a farmers market about 10 minutes from our church we are going to go there 2x month and buy fresh fruits and veggies spending $5-10 each time. This will total out to be about $90-100, and will be all of our meat for the month+ other stuff. Not too shabby when I would normally buy 3 AFM boxes for $90 and no fresh fruits or veggies :( So this way it is still the same amount of money and we have a little more variety in our meats and we have fresh food too. :)

Thanks for listening...

No comments:

Post a Comment