Thursday, February 12, 2009

Bible Time

Well today I have a confession: I have not read my bible in about a week. The Holy Spirit has been quietly reminding me everyday that I have not and then he got real loud last night at church when the Pastor was talking about revival and things preventing us from having a revival in our heart. I knew the Holy Spirit was talking to me about not having read my bible in so long, so I asked God for his forgiveness and his help to help me choose Him over everything else. So on with what I did read today...

Today I wanted to talk about marriage- and how it works in very mysterious ways. I am married to Beast- I love him with all my heart {even when we argue} and I thank God for him all the time- I know he is my help-meet. However when I really think about it Beast and I are very far from being "compatible" there are a lot more men that I know and their respective wives and it seems that the wives would be a more "compatible" match for Beast and the husbands would be more "compatible" for me. BUT- what is a help-meet? Genesis 2 gives you the four foundational principles for marriage and the word help-meet is used to refer to the wife and husband. A help-meet means that where you lack your husband will help you and will meet you there with his strength and visa-versa if he lacks in a certain area chances are that is one of your strengths. I know that Beast and I have very little of the little things in common {like food choices} but when you really think about it it would be very boring to have everything in common- what would you argue over? {I like to argue} So Lord, Thank you for my Beast, my help-meet, my lover, my fighter, and my friend. And I also pray that you can help us to continue to put our focus on you- because after all that is all that matters.

1 comment: