Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Bible Time

We have already had revival meetings two times this week and we have another 4 more. We have a guest speaker, Wayne Nelson, who is really good. I am really enjoying being around my church family this week- and it is bringing me closer to God to build a better relationship with him.

Today I read Titus 2 & 3.
Titus 2 talks about mentoring the older to the younger... It says to teach the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands so that no one will malign the word of God. This passage really speaks to me because these are areas that I need to work on in my life and I hope to really get better at these areas especially the self- control.
Titus 3 talks about kindness and how to show kindness because God showed us kindness through Jesus dying on the cross. Jesus did not have to lay down his life but he did for me {and you, too.} And I have a hard time showing kindness to those who don't deserve it when Lord knows I did not deserve Jesus to die for me. When I think about it if I had more "self-control" I would be able to show more "kindness" even when those around me do not deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment