Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Bible Time- Love and Respect

I am starting a book and will be doing this in place of the actual bible- for atleast a little bit of time.

Our young married couples class at church has just started a study book called “Love and Respect” by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs. I know as a wife that sometimes I disrespect my husband without meaning to and sometimes he is unloving towards me without meaning to. This is one of those times.

Little Beast is being obnoxious for whatever reason and Beast starts to yell- maybe even spank- regardless, because in my opinion, Beast is being way too hard. {This is where I feel unloved. I feel that if he loves me he would be more understanding with our kids.} So at this point because I am a big mama bear I feel the need to step in and protect my cubs no matter what. I believe that this makes Beast feel disrespected because I am arguing with him when he is disciplining the kids. Thus the “Crazy Cycle” is started in our home. The book that we are reading is to try to help us to learn to respect when we don’t feel loved and for husbands to love their wives when they don’t feel respected- this is very hard on both parts.

BELLE

No comments:

Post a Comment